There’s a movement called ‘Embodied Parenting’ happening at the moment. It’s not a fad. Instead its based on the latest brain science and is in alignment with ancient eastern wisdom.
It’s what my program Intuitive Motherhood is based on.
Are you curious to know more?
In a nutshell, the new paradigm of Embodied Parenting involves understanding these 5 things:
- Our children have a unique essence right from the start. They’re AMAZING beings going through stages of development from babyhood right through to adulthood. Our job is not to make them into what we want them to be, but to delight in their unfolding as individuals. As their little bodies develop their inner essence is able to express it’s unique gorgeousness more and more, and you begin to ‘see’ who they are! Truly a miracle before our eyes!
- Their brains have an incredible neuroplasticity, which means they are shaped by their inner and outer experiences. The way we are in relationship with them is a BIG DEAL. We can literally help wire up their brain in a positive (or negative) direction. We used to think it was too late to change a child after the first 5-7 years. Now we know that change can happen at any time in life. WOW. This is awesome. It means we can release the guilt when we know how to repair our mama mistakes in an embodied way! (want to know how? see video 3 of the missing how-to in motherhood free video series. Get it here mariagolding.com)
- We understand that emotions are part of being human. There are no good emotions or bad emotions. All emotions are important and welcome. They give us information about what’s happening in our lives and our childrens’ lives. This means we can lighten up about their big emotions. The trick is to know how to help our children manage their body and big feelings. Its knowing how to truly BE with them… body, heart and words. .(want to know how? see video 2 of the missing how-to in motherhood free video series. Get it here mariagolding.com)
- More that anything children require our PRESENCE. For us to drop our own agendas, judgements and fears, and instead really BE WITH them in a fully EMBODIED way. From this place we can ask ourselves and communicate, “who is my child today? what does she need? how can I help?” This can be require a gradual process of learning how to manage your own ‘stuff’ so it doesn’t get in the way of deeply listening and responding to our child with embodied parenting presence.
- We are more than just a mind and a body. We have a unique spirit (soul). We are connected to a divine source of infinite love and intelligence (even though some neuroscientists highly suspect this to be true, they haven’t proven it with science ….yet).