Want some of that spirited ENERGY that your baby or child has? Those shiny eyes? That in-the -moment-ness?
YOU CAN HAVE IT
Our children show us how to get out of our heads and come home to our bodies. AND how to connect with a natural source of energy…. nature.
It’ll have you relaxed, smiling and loving the sensation of energy in your body. You’ll feel better.
Try these simple things
- Go outside at least once a day.
- Take off your shoes and feel the earth or grass under your feet. Notice the sensation of the soles of your feet. What is the texture, temperature, quality of the earth? Walk and connect with these sensations. This will bring you into the NOW. Not worrying about the past or thinking about the future. Just BEING here NOW.
- Look and see something natural and beautiful. Is it a tree, flower, leaf, the sky, water, butterfly?
- Breathe and move. Yes stretch. wriggle your hips. Sigh. With the out breath let the tension gooooooooooo……. Imagine all your stress is being released down your legs, through the soles of your feet and into the earth.
- Do this WITH your child. Be playful. It is so good for your baby to experience the different sensations of nature… the earth on their feet, the breeze against their skin, the ever changing colours and shapes.
- Do this WITHOUT your child. Take any opportunity you can to step outside and nourish yourself. Your self-care is SOOOOO important
So Take Action Now
- Schedule your daily outings in Nature
- Make a decision to have ‘nature breaks’ with your child whenever you are feeling low in energy and need a pick-me-up
- Print off this sheet and put it somewhere visible as a reminder
- Use every opportunity to get yourself outside for ‘nature therapy’. For example when with another adult you trust with your baby you might say, “Do you mind keeping an eye on my baby while I spend 10 mins outside? It makes me feel so much better!”
I’m pretty sure these simple steps with make a BIG difference for your energy levels if you apply them consistently.
What other little energy secrets do you have? I’d love to hear what works for you. I’d love it if you could tell me in the comments below.